Treatment of period of Leave towards minimum residency period for Flexible Complimentary Scheme
NO. AB 14017/32/2013-Estt.(RR)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
New Delhi, the 30th July, 2014
Subject: Treatment of period of Leave towards minimum residency period for in-situ promotion under Flexible Complimentary Scheme.
The Department of Personnel & Training vide 0M No. 2/41/97-PIC dated 15.11.2000 and 0M No. AB. 14017/38/2003-Estt (RR) dated 13.8.2003 had issued instructions regarding treatment of the period spent on deputation/foreign service to another Scientific post as well as the period of Study Leave/ any other Leave taken for improving the academic accomplishments, and the Maternity Leave, Leave sanctioned in continuation of Maternity Leave and Earned Leave shall be taken into account while computing minimum residency period for promotions under FCS.
2. All women employees, having minor children, have been allowed total leave upto two years for taking care of upto 2 children as Child Care Leave (CCL) on the recommendations of the 6th CPC. References have been received from sonic of the Scientific Departments on the issue of treatment of period of CCL towards minimum residency period for in-Situ promotion under Flexible Complimentary Scheme.
3. The criteria for promotion under the Flexible Complementing Scheme is proven merit and records of research and the assessment norms for promotion under FCS should be rigorous. Only scientists/technologists holding scientific/technical posts in scientific/technological departments and who are actually engaged in scientific activity/service are only given in-situ promotions under the FCS, after a thorough examination of their performance. During their absence on leave availed on personal grounds, etc the scientists do not perform any scientific activity/research work and as such inclusion of such period while computing the minimum residency period will be against the general principles and spirit of FCS.
4. It has, accordingly, be decided in consultation with Ministry of Science & Technology that the following types of leave availed by an eligible scientist shall be counted towards minimum residency period required to be put in by the scientists in the lower grade for consideration for promotion under Flexible Complimentary Scheme.
(i) The period spent on deputation/Foreign Service to another scientific post, which helps a Scientist to acquire scientific experience in a diverse set up.
(ii) Period of Study Leave! any other Leave taken for the academic accomplishments to improve scientific knowledge.
(iii) Maternity Leave sanctioned as per Leave Rules shall be treated as duty while counting the minimum residency period for promotions under FCS.
(iv) Leave of a maximum period of one year sanctioned in continuation of maternity leave as per Leave Rules may also be treated on par with maternity Leave and this period may consequently be taken into account while counting the minimum residency period.
(v) Earned Leave and/or Child Care Leave for a total period not exceeding 180 days sanctioned as per Leave Rules shall also be taken into account while computing minimum residency period.
(vi) The period spent on deputation/foreign service to a non-scientific post and the period of leave including leave on medical grounds, EOL. etc. availed on personal grounds shall not count towards the minimum residency period.
5. These instructions will take effect from the date of issue of these orders. Pending cases may also be decided based on these instructions but past cases already decided may not be re-opened.
6. Hindi version will follow.
For Download link please scroll down