Cadre Restructuring under CBEC
Government of India
Department of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Excise & Customs)
HUDCO Vishala, Bhikaji Cama Place
New Delhi, December 18, 2013
The Director General
Directorate General of Human Resource Development
Customs & Central Excise
409/8 Deep Shikha, Rajendra Place
New Delhi – 110 008.
Subject: Cadre Restructuring and re-organization of field formations under central board of excise & customs.
I am directed to convey the sanction of the competent authority for creation of 18067 posts in various grades under the central Board of Excise & customs, as per details in Annexure a to this letter, with immediate effect. With the creation of these posts, the total sanctioned staff strength of the Central Board of Excise & Customs will be increased from the existing 66808 to 84875.
2. The posts approved for creation include 2118 temporary Group A posts created in Junior Time Scale for a period of five years from the dated of this letter, to be regulated in the manner stipulated in Para 4 hereunder.
3. The new vacancies arising due to additional regular posts approved for creation in the Junior Time Scale as well chain vacancies in JTS arising due to promotions against additional posts created at higher levels will be filled up in accordance with the provisions of India Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise) Recruitment Rules, 2012 and the extant instructions of DOP &T.
4. The temporary vacancies arising due to creation of 2118 temporary posts in Junior Time Scale will be operational for five years from the date of this letter and will be filled up only on promotion from the feeder grades specified in the relevant recruitment rules. The promotions against these vacancies shall not entail further promotion to any level beyond JTS.
5. All additional posts created in various other grades will also be filled up in accordance with the provisions of the relevant recruitment rules.
6. Pending notification of revised recruitment rules, wherever required the newly created/re-designated posts will be filled up on the basis of the extant Guidelines for Recruitment Rules, issued by the Department of Personnel & Training. Concurrence of Deptt. Of personnel & Training would be obtained for the relaxations, wherever required.
7. wherever the posts recommended for abolition are filled up at present, such abolition will be effective on such posts being relinquished by the existing incumbents by way of promotion, transfer, retirement, resignation etc.
8. The formation-Wise distribution of the posts at various levels will be issued separately. Details of Group “C” Posts will also be communicated separately.
9. This issues with the approval of competent authority and with the concurrence of integrated Finance Unit vide their ID No.212509/JS&FA(F)/2013 dated December 18,2013.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India