GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO-92
Setting up of Kendriya Vidyalayas on railway premises
92 . SHRI SUKHDEV SINGH DHINDSA
(a) whether Government proposes to set up 50 Kendriya Vidyalayas (KV) on railway premises across the country;
(b) whether the sites of all the 50 KVs have been indentified; and
(c) if so, the details thereof?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
(DR. SHASHI THAROOR)
(a) Yes, Sir. The Ministry of Human Resource Development and the Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 16.02.2010 wherein it was agreed that around 50 Kendriya Vidyalayas in the Civil Sector will be opened on Railways-owned land identified by the Ministry of Railways.
(b) & (c) To execute the MoU, a High Powered Working Group consisting of senior officials and experts has been constituted. So far 43 locations for the new KVs, as per the details in Annexure, have been identified.
DETAILS OF 43 LOCATIONS IDENTIFIED BY MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS FOR OPENING OF AROUND 50 NEW KVs UNDER THE SPONSORSHIP OF MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
1. Ballarshah, Nagpur Division, Maharashtra.
2. Bhusaval, Bhusaval Division, Maharashtra
3. Daund, Sholapur Dvision, Maharashtra.
4. Bandel, Howarh Dvision, West Bengal.
5. New Jalpaigudi, Katihar Division, West Bengal.
6. New Coochbeehar, Alipurdar Division, West Bengal
7. Jhajha, Danapur Division, Bihar
8. Narkatiyaganj, Samastipur Division, Bihar.
9. Angul, Khurda Road Division, Odisha.
10. Titlagadh, Sambalpur Division, Odisha.
11. Dangoaposi, Chakradhar Division, Jharkhand
12. Hatia, Ranchi Division Jharkhand
13. Jammu Tavi, Firozpur Division, J&K
14. Kuldip Nagar, Ambala, Ambala Division, Haryana
15. Jagadhari, Jagadhari workshop, Haryana
16. Sultanpur, Lucknow Division, Uttar Pradesh
17. Pratapgarh, Lucknow Division, Uttar Pradesh
18. Lucknow, Lucknow Division, Uttar Pradesh
19. Tundla, Allahabad Division, Uttar Pradesh
20. Allahabad/Subedarganj, Allahabad Division, Uttar Pradesh
21. Jhansi, Jhansi Division, Uttar Pradesh
22. Agra Division, Uttar Pradesh
23. Mailani, Lucknow Division, Uttar Pradesh
24. Sitapur, Lucknow Division, Uttar Pradesh
25. Mau, Varanasi Division, Uttar Pradesh
26. Varanasi, Varanasi Division, Uttar Pradesh
27. Raebareilly Coach Factory, Uttar Pradesh
28. Fatehgarh, Izzatnagar Division, Uttar Pradesh
29. Sakurbasti, Delhi Division, Delhi
30. Rangapara,Rangia division, Assam`
31. North Lakhimpur, Rangiya Division, Assam
32. Lalgarh, Bikaner Division, Rajasthan
33. Bandikui, station, Jaipur Division, Rajasthan
34. Container Depot, Jodhpur Division, Rajasthan
35. Bhagat Ki Kothi Diesel Shed Jodhpur Division, Rajasthan
36. Goldenrock workshop, Tiruchirapalli, Tamilnadu
37. Salem, Salem Division, T.N.
38. Trivendrum, Trivendrum Division, Kerala
39. Palghat, Palghat Division, Kerala
40. Castle Rock, Hubli Division, Karnatka
41. Arisekere, Mysore Division, Karnatka
42. Yesvantpur, Bangalore Division, Karnatka
43. Dharmapuri, Bangalore Division, Karnatka Bangalore Division, Karnatka
Source: Rajya Sabha Q&A