CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT
EMPLOYEES AND WORKERS
A/2/95 Rajouri Garden
New Delhi. 110 027.
Conf/19/2012 Dated: 10th November, 2012.
We have already placed on the website the format of the strike notice to be served on all Heads of Departments/Offices on 19th November, 2012. The strike notice must have the charter of demands as an enclosure. In order to ensure that the charter of demands is uniform in all respects, we give hereunder the same. Kindly incorporate the same in all the strike notices to be served on 19th November, 2012.
We once again request the Sectt. Members, who were assigned the responsibility for undertaking campaigns in different states that the same may be undertaken with all seriousness and in the event of any difficulty, the same may be brought to the notice of the CHQ. November, being the festival months, the programmes, if not already completed, must be organised in the 3rd and 4th weeks. As per the decision of the National Executive, evening dharnas are to be organised continuously from 20th to 23rd i.e. immediately after the serving of notice. The first week of December will be utilised for the circulation of pamphlets to all the members explaining the issues and demands contained in the charter.
The Sectt .Members who are assigned with the task of undertaking review meeting in different State Capital must be in touch with the concerned State Committee Secretaries and finalise the programme. The Secretaries of the State Committees are requested to please contact the concerned Sectt. members and ensure that the campaign programme as chalked out by the National Executive is carried out to make the strike participation on 12th a grand success.
We have sought the support and solidarity for the strike action slated for 12th December, 2012 from various Central Government organisations in Defence and Railways and FNPO. Similar letters are being addressed to all such organisations. On serving the strike notice on 19th November, we shall approach the Central Trade Unions and other Independent Federations seeking their support to make the strike total on 12th December, 2012. Copy of our letter is placed hereunder.
We have also written to the Secretary General, Confederation of Central Government Officers seeking their support and requesting them to kindly explore the possibility of joining with us in the strike on 12th December, 2012. (copy of the letter is enclosed)
We place hereunder the copies of letters the Confederation has written on various issues for your information.
CHARTER OF DEMANDS.
1. Revise the wages of the Central Government employees with effect from 1.1.2011 and every five years thereafter by setting up the 7th CPC.
2. Merge DA with pay for all purposes with effect from. 1.1.2011.
3. Remove 5% restriction imposed on compassionate appointments and the discrimination on such appointments between the Railway workers and other Central Govt. employees.
4. (a) Revive the functioning of the JCM. Convene the meeting of the Departmental Councils in all Ministries/Departments. Settle the anomalies raised in the National Anomaly Committee as also in the Departmental Anomaly Committees. Hold National Council meetings as specified in the JCM constitution. (b) Remove the anomalies in the MACP Scheme.(c) Grant recognition to all Associations/Federations, which have complied with the formalities and conditions stipulated in the CCS(RSA) Rules.
5. Fill up all vacant posts and creates posts n functional requirements.
6. Stop downsizing outsourcing, contractorization, corporatization and privatisation of Governmental functions.
7. Stop price rise; strengthen the PDS.
8. (a) Regularise the daily rated, contingent, casual workers and introduce a permanent scheme for periodical regularisation; (b) Promote all eligible Grameen Dak Sewaks of Postal Department against 50% Postmen Vacancies and 100% MTS vacancies without resorting to direct recruitment. (c) Raise the Bonus ceiling of GDS employees on par with other workers in the country.
9. (a) Stop the proposal to introduce the productivity linked wage system; (b) discard the performance related pay structure;(c) introduce PLB in all Departments; (d) remove the ceiling on emoluments for bonus computation.
10. Revise the OTA, Night duty allowance and clothing rates.
11. Implement all arbitration awards;
12. Make the right to strike a legal and fundamental right of the Government employees on par with the other section of the working class.
13. Grant 5 functional promotion to all employees as is provided for in the case of Group A services.
14. (a) Withdraw the PFRDA Bill. (b) Rescind the decision to allow FDI in pension sector;(c) Scrap the new contributory pension scheme (d) Extend the existing statutory defined pension scheme to all Central Govt. employees irrespective of their date of entry in Government service.
15. Vacate all Trade Union victimisation, and more specifically in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department.