Government of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
No.ERB-I/2012/23/49 New Delhi, dated 09.11.2012
Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) have decided to constitute a Committee to decide modalities for conducting Secret Ballot Elections for the purpose of recognition of Unions/Federations. The Committee will consist of the following:-
i) Shri R.R. Jaruhar, Retd. Member Engineering/Railway Board … Chairman
ii) Shri A.K. Nigam, Retd. Adviser(IR)/Railway Board …… Member
ii) Shri Rajiv Kishore, Exe. Director(ERP), Railway Board …. Member Secretary
2. The Ter!)is of reference of the Committee will be as under:-
(i) To review the modalities framed by · the earlier Committee for the elections held in November, 2007/frame modalities to conduct next Secret Ballot to recognize Unions;
(ii) To .form code of conduct/discipline for the elections on · the lines of Code of discipline of Ministry of Labour suitable for Indian Railways;
(iii) To function as a nodal body for conducting and supervising the secret ballot;
(iv) To suggest the Mechanism for arbitration on disputes arising out of elections; and
(v) Recognition of Federation(s) at Board’s level;
(In the last election held in November, 2007, the elections were restricted to 16 Zonal Railways. Now, that Metro Railway, Kolkata has been given the status of a Zonal Railway and it has been decided by the Board to go for recognition of Union there also, the elections now to be held through Secret Ballot may cover the 16 Zonal Railways and Metro Railway, Kolkata. The election may be conducted sometime around April, 2013)
3. The Headquarter of the Committee will be at New Delhi.
4. The tenure of the Committee will be six months from the date of its constitution.
5. The Official Member of the Committee will be eligible to draw TA/DA as admissible under the existing rules.
6. Terms and conditions to be applied to Non-official members of the Committee will follow.
Under Secretary (Estt)-II