GOVERNMENT OF ORISSA
NO. 35653/F., Bhubaneswar, date the /16th October, 2012
Sub: Sanction of Dearness Allowance @ 7% to State Government employees with effect from 01.07.2012.
Ministry of Finance, Government of India, Department of Expenditure in their Office Memorandum No.1(8)/2012-E-II(B), dated 2B.09.2012 have enhanced the Dearness Allowance payable to the Central Government employees from existing 65% to 72% w.eJ. 01.07.2012.
2. Now, considering the demand of the State Government employees, the overall financial resources and fiscal targets stipulated under Orissa Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2005, the State Government have been pleased to release additional dose of DA @ 7% enhancing the same from the existing rate of 65% to 72% on the Basic Pay and Grade Pay taken together w.eJ. 01.07.2012 in case of the State Government employees, who are covered under the ORSP Rules, 200B. This additional dose of DA will be paid in cash and can be drawn in the Pay Bill of October, 2012 payable in November, 2012 and onwards. Arrear from the month of July, 2012 to September, 2012 on account of the enhanced DA will be drawn and disbursed latest by 31.03.2013.
3. Payment of enhanced DA in cash @ 72% w.eJ. 1st July,; 2012 to the State Government employees and employees of Aided Educational Institutions, drawing pay under ORSP Rules, 2008 will be at par with DA sanctioned by Governm,ent of India in Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M. No.1(B)/2012-E-II(B), dated 28.09.2012.
4. This additional dose of DA of 7% on basic Pay and Gr,ade pay taken together w.ef. 01.07.2012 and the manner of payment to the State Government employees as above is also applicable to the following category of employees covered under the ORSP Rules, 2008.
All India Service Officers serving in the affairs of the State Government, for which G.A. Department will issue orders separately;
- The teaching and non-teaching staff of Universities who are in receipt of regular scale of pay for whom the State Government is bearing full salary cost. These also include
- Teachers of Universities who enjoy AICTEjUGC scale under ORSP (College Teachers) 2010 and Medical College Teachers under ORSP (Medical College Teachers) Rules, 2010;
- Subordinate Judicial Officers drawing their pay in aq:ordance with Law Department Resolution No.8318/jL dated 02.08.2010;
- Work-Charged ,employees drawing pay in regular scale of pay under the ORSP Rules, 2008; and
- Job Contract Workers of Consolidation and Settlement Organisation who are in receipt of fixed pay in regular scale of pay under ORSP Rules, 200B and DA sanctioned thereon from time to time.
5. DA in accordance with this Memorandum will also be admissible to the State Government employees who were in service on the 1st July, 2012 but have ceased to be in service at the time of sanction of this enhanced DA.
6. The bill for drawal of enhanced DA @ 7% w.e.f. 01.07.2012 to the State Government employees and employees of Aided Educational Institutions, drawing pay under ORSP Rules, 2008 will be submitted to the Treasuries/Special Treasuries/Sub-Treasuries along with the Pay Bill for the month of October, 2012 payable in November, 2012 onwards. ‘