Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Block-IV, 3rd Floor,
Old JNU Campus,
New Mehrauli Road,
1. The Chief Secretaries to all State Governments
2. Administrators of Union Territories
3. Secretaries (All Ministries/Departments in Government of India)
4. Directors General/Directors of State Training Institutions
5. The Joint Secretary (dealing with UTS), MHA, New Delhi
Subject: 12th Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management during 2013-15 at the Centre for Public Policy, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore- reg.
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoP& T) is sponsoring a Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management (PGPPM) at the Centre for Public Policy (CPP), Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (11MB) every year. So far ten (10) programmes have been completed and 11th programme is currently in progress. The iz” programme is scheduled to commence from zz” May, 2013.
2. The programme is meant for officers of All India Services, Central Services-organized & non-organized, technical & non-technical, faculty members of State Administrative Training Institutes and also for officers of the State Civil Services and has been designed to be a high quality programme with a set of ‘Core Courses’ as well as a range of ‘Electives’. While this programme is conceived as a two-year programme, in effect, the officers will complete the ‘Domestic component’ as well as the ‘International component (about 7 weeks)’ at 11MB and Syracuse University, USA respectively in the first year itself, and will return to the departments for posting. However, while on job during the second year, the officers will continue to improve their dissertation for presenting and defending the same in 11MBat the end of the second year by sparing a couple of weeks.
3. Residential family accommodation is available at 11M, Bangalore for the participants. We propose to select about 30-35 participants for the iz” programme in order to ensure a high degree of excellence.
4. During the course of training at Maxwell School, Syracuse, the participants are expected to stay at the accommodation arranged by the IIM-B and/or collaborating institution as the case may be. Requests for alternate arrangements for stay by participants themselves will not be entertained.