Scholarship to Single Girl Child

The University Grant Commission under Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Higher Education) provides Indira Gandhi Post-Graduate Scholarship to single girl child for pursuing non-professional courses at post graduate level. The Central Board of Secondary Education also gives scholarship, subject to certain conditions, to the meritorious single girl child for pursuing education at Higher Secondary level.

This was stated by Smt. Krishna Tirath, Minister for Women and Child Development, in a written reply to the Lok Sabha today.