GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARATSARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAILMANTRALAYA)
No. E(G)/2012/FE-01-3(SOP) New Delhi, Date: 21-08-2012.
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways/Production Units,
(Asper standard list).
Sub: Standards of Operating Procedures (SOP) on membership of professional bodies and re-imbursement of membership fee.
Ref: Board’s letter of even number dated 13-07-2011.
Several Instructions have been issued from time to time on the subject of recognition of reputed professional Institutions/Societies (both national and International) and on the procedures, terms and conditions governing such re-imbursement with an objective to encourage Railway personnel take membership and avail of re-imbursement to the tune of 90% of membership fee.
2. The question of having a self-contained booklet on the subject which provides for the relevant guidelines in a summarized form and providing therewith interpretations of the intricate instructions/orders pertaining to the subject was under consideration for quite some time. A booklet as Standards of operating Procedure (SOP) in bilingual form has been prepared on the subject and is enclosed which may facilitate smooth implementation of the policies on the subject.
3. The booklet must not be used as a substitution to the original instructions but to be used only as guidelines/hand out.
4. Wide publicity may be given at all relevant levels.
5. This issues with the c0r:tcurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
6. Please acknowledge receipt.
Executive Director Estt.(Gen.)