Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi,
Dated the 12th July, 2012.
Subject: Creation of post of Chief Vigilance Officers and status facilities, perks and perquisites in CPSEs etc.-reg.
Attention is invited to the Central Vigilance Commission’s letter No.3(v)/99/5 dated 29th July, 1999 and the Commission’s subsequent Office Order No.45/9/03 dated 17th September, 2003 on the subject mentioned above.
2. It is envisaged in the aforesaid communications/orders of the CVC that officers of Joint Secretary level joining as CVO would be accorded the status and perks of a functional Director of Board and officers of Director/Deputy Secretary level joining as CVO would be provided the status and perks of Executive Director. The Commission has also advised that as a first step towards implementation of its instructions, the post of CVO may be created at the functional director level in Schedule “A” PSUs and at one level below the board in Schedule “B” and “C” PSUs.
3. The pay structure, allowances, perks and benefits of the Executives of the Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) have since undergone change on the revision of the scales of pay of Board Level and below Board Level Executives and non-unionized supervisors in CPSEs vide DPE OM No. 2(70)/08-DPE(WC) on 26th November, 2008.
4. This Department has also thereafter issued O.M. No.372/21/2009-AVD-III dated 12th
October, 2010 wherein it was laid down that CVOs and other officers on deputation to the Vigilance Departments of CPSEs may be allowed the option of electing to draw either the pay of the post in the scale of pay of the CPSE concerned or pay in the parent cadre plus deputation (duty) allowance thereon plus personal pay, if any, and that the CVOs and other officers on deputation to the Vigilance Departments of CPSEs may also be allowed all the perks, benefits and perquisites applicable to equivalent level of officers in concerned CPSEs.
5. In spite of the above instructions, this Department is receiving repeated references from Ministries/Departments as to status and perks to be given to officers who join as CVOs in CPSEs. A need was felt to re-look into the matter in consultation with Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) and Department of Public Enterprises (DPE).
6. Taking into account the viewpoints conveyed by CVC and DPE vide letter No. 003-VGL-18/163022 dated 25.1.2012 and OM No. 9(8)/2011-GM dated 29.12.2011 respectively, the following decisions have been taken for implementation with immediate effect:-
a) Level of posts of CVO:
In modification of the earlier guidelines, the post of CVOs in all CPSEs irrespective of the level/status/schedule of such CPSE shall be in the scale of pay equivalent to the level of functional Director in that CPSE. This would imply creation of a post by the Administrative Ministry in the scale of pay equivalent to the level of functional Director where no formal post of CVO exist or upgradation of the existing post where the post has been created at a lower scale of pay. In case of Autonomous Bodies, Societies & Federations, Trusts etc. where there are no functional Directors, the CVOs may be allowed the status, pay and perks of post immediately below the post of CEO of the organization. The CVO, however, will not be a Board Member of the CPSE/ Bodies/Societies.
b) Level of officers posted as CVO:
In future, officers of the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India or equivalent shall only be appointed as CVO in Schedule ‘A’ CPSEs, officers of the level of Director in the Government of India or equivalent in Schedule ‘B’ CPSEs and officers of the level of Deputy Secretary to the Government of India or equivalent in Schedule ‘C’ CPSEs. The level of officers required to be posted as CVOs in Autonomous bodies, Societies, Trusts, Statutory body etc. may be determined by the administrative Ministries concerned and intimated to this Department keeping in view (a) above.
c) Procedure for creation/upgradation of post of CVO:
In modification of the extant guidelines, such posts shall be created/upgraded by the concerned
administrative Ministry/Department for the CPSE in the pay scale equivalent to that of the functional Director of the concerned CPSE and no further approval of DPE/DOPT shall be required in this regard. Similar action may be taken by concerned Ministries/Departments in respect of Autonomous bodies, Statutory bodies, Societies, Trusts etc.
-3- d) Status, perks, benefits & perquisites:
The CVOs shall be entitled to pay, status, benefits & perquisites as are admissible to the functional Directors of the concerned CPSE, read with this Department’s OM No. 372/21/2009-
AVD-III dated 12 91 October, 2010.
e) There will be no change in the pay scale, etc., of the present incumbent CVOs of Schedule “A” CPSEs who are of the rank of Director in the Government of India or equivalent in their parent cadre. Such posts may continue to be operated in the existing scales till completion of the tenure of such officers.
Thereafter, these posts may be operated and filled up in accordance with the above nstructions.
7. All Ministries/Departments are requested to comply with the above instructions.
Deputy Secretary to the Government
For Original Orders CLICK HERE