Category: EPFO

EPFO to provide permanent PF account numbers

| February 15, 2014

EPFO to provide permanent PF account numbers The Labour Ministry has asked EPFO to provide permanent PF account numbers to its 5 crore members in a time-bound manner so that they don’t need to transfer provident fundaccounts after changing jobs. According to sources, the direction in this regard was given to the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) by Labour Secretary […]

Read More

EPFO has claimed to have settled 10 Lakh claims in January 2014

| February 3, 2014

EPFO has claimed to have settled 10 Lakh claims in January 2014 NEW DELHI: Retirement body EPFO today said that it has around 10 lakh claims like PF withdrawal, in January and out these almost 90 per cent applications were settled in less than 20 days. “The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) settled 10,15,235 claims […]

Read More

EPFO to raise retirement age of organised sector

| February 3, 2014

EPFO to raise retirement age of organised sector EPFO’s apex decision making body the Central Board of Trustee (CBT) will consider a proposal to raise the retirement age of organised sector workers to 60 years for its pension at a meeting scheduled for Wednesday. Besides, the CBT in this meeting will also deliberate on a proposal to withdraw two years bonus under […]

Read More

Minimum EPF Pension to go up to Rs. 1000 per month

| January 16, 2014

Ahead of Lok Sabha polls, the government is likely to approve this month a proposal that will entitle formal sector workers a minimum monthly pension of Rs 1,000, immediately benefiting 27 lakh pensioners. Those who get less than Rs 1,000 a month include 22 lakh member pensioners and 5 lakh widows as on March 31, 2013. There are about […]

Read More

EPFO ANNOUNCED INTEREST RATE 8.75% FOR PF DEPOSITS FOR 2013-14

| January 13, 2014

EPFO ANNOUNCED INTEREST RATE 8.75% FOR PF DEPOSITS FOR 2013-14 Retirement fund body EPFO today decided to increase the rate of interest on Provident Fund deposits to 8.75 per cent for 2013-14, a move that will benefit about 5 crore subscribers. “We have decided to recommend to the government 8.75 per cent rate of interest […]

Read More

EPFO is likely to retain 8.5 per cent interest on provident fund

| January 12, 2014

EPFO is likely to retain 8.5 per cent interest on provident fund NEW DELHI: Retirement fund body EPFO is likely to retain 8.5 per cent interest on provident fund deposits for its over 5 crore subscribers in 2013-14 on Monday . The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization’s apex decision making body — central board of trustees (CBT) — is […]

Read More

Interest Rate of Provident Fund 2013-14 to be announced soon

| December 16, 2013

Interest Rate of Provident Fund 2013-14 The EPFO is likely to decide soon the rate of interest on PF deposits for 2013-14, which is expected to be over 8.5 per cent.  “The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation’s (EPFO) apex decision making body, the Central Board of Trustees (CBT), could meet this month to initiate the process […]

Read More

8.5 % minimum return on PF deposits.

| November 17, 2013

EPFO has decided to pay  8.5% minimum return on PF deposits for 2013-14. Over 5 crore subscribes will be benefited from this. It is expected that decision will be announced before the beginning of next financial year. At least 8.5% return on PF deposits Retirement fund body EPFO will pay at least 8.5 per cent […]

Read More

EPFO settled more than 10 Lakhs Claim in Oct-2013

| November 7, 2013

EPFO settled more than 10 Lakhs Claim in Oct-2013 The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) settled 10,21,922 claims during the month of October, 2013.  This number is 28% higher than the claims settled in the month of September, 2013. 72% of these claims were settled within 10 days while remaining 28% were settled within 30 […]

Read More

Performance of EPFO in the September, 2013

| October 19, 2013

Performance of EPFO in the September, 2013 While reviewing the work of Employees Provident Fund Organisation during September 2013, it has been observed that the Organisation settled 7,96,759 claims in its 123 offices located throughout the country compared to 7,49,639 claims settled during September 2012. More than 50 % of the offices settled more than […]

Read More