Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block. New Delhi, 15th May, 2015
Subject:- Requirement of Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ officers working in the Ministries/Departments of the Government of India including their attached and subordinate offices in Delhi, for their appointment as Assistant Supervisors and Invigilators by the Union Public Service Commission for conducting Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2015.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Union Public Service Commission’s D.O. No. F.1/5/2015-EIA(CS) dated 21st April, 2015 on the above subject (copy annexed for reference).
2. In this connection, all Ministries/Departments of the Government of India are requested to spare the services of Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ officers whose names have been forwarded to the Commission for appointment as Assistant Supervisors and Invigilators in the forthcoming Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination.
Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road
New Delhi – 110069
As you are aware, the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, which is the flagship Examination of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), is conducted every year.
2. There has been a steep rise recorded in the number of candidates for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination during the past few years. In the year 2014, the number of candidates who applied for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination exceeded 9.45 lakh and the examination was conducted at .2137 Venues in 59 Centres. It is estimated that in the current year 2015, the number of applicants for Civil Services ·(Preliminary) Examination, 2015, which is scheduled to be held on Sunday, 23rd August, 2015, would increase to approximately 13 lakh. This examination will be held in 71 Centres which includes 12 new Centres, at about 3000 Venues across the country.
3. Out of the 13 lakh candidates, about 1.20 lakh candidates are anticipated to opt for Delhi, as their Centre of Examination, who would have to be accommodated in about 260 Venues. The Examination would be supervised by the Principals of the Institutions. However, 50% of the examination functionaries i.e. Assistant Supervisors and Invigilators would have to be provided by the Commission. Therefore, the requirement of number of Assistant Supervisors and Invigilators to be provided by the UPSC would be around 5000.
4. The Commission would be. requesting various Ministries/Departments of Government of India; including their attached and subordinate offices in Delhi, to send a list of their Group ‘A’ & Group ‘B’ Officers in the prescribed Proforma (copy enclosed) by 25.05.2015 for performing. the duties of Assistant Supervisors and Invigilators in the aforesaid Examination.
5. I take this opportunity to request you to kindly issue suitable instruction to all the Ministries/Departments of the Government of India, to spare the services of Officers of the above mentioned levels for being appointed as Assistant Supervisors and Invigilators by the Commission in he aforesaid Examination. The Officers thus deputed to the commission will be paid honorarium by the Commission for their services.
6. I would further request that a copy of the instructions issued by DOP&T in this regard may be sent to the Commission also.
With kind regards,