Karnatka Government List of Holidays – 2014
GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
NO.DPAR 25 HHL 2013
Karnataka Government Scretariat,
Bangalore, dated : 23-10-2013.
NOTIFICATION – I
The following list of the General Holidays sanctioned by the Government for the year 2014 is published for general information.
All Second Saturdays, Sundays and the following days.
|Sl. No.||Date||Days||Public Holidays|
|2.||15-01-2014||Wednesday||Uttar Ayana puny a kala sankranti Festival|
|11.||29-08-2014||Friday||Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata|
|13.||02-10-2014||Thursday||Mahathma Gandhi Jaynthi|
|14.||03-10-2014||Friday||Maha Navami Ayudapooja|
|16.||08-10-2014||Wednesday||Maharshi Valmiko Jayanthi|
|20.||04-11-2014||Tuesday||Last Day of Moharam|
1. This list does not include 26-01-2014 Republic Day, 13-04-2014 Mahaveer Jayanthi and 05-10-2014 Bakrid which fall on Sundays.
2. Government Office will be closed throughout the State on General Holidays, However, Heads of department should make necessary arrangements for the discharge of urgent works.
3. If any of the Muslim Holidays notified above does not fall on the date notified, Muslims in Government Service may be granted holiday on the date of observance in view of the holidays already notified.
4. Local Holidays us declared for Kodagu District only on account of Tula Snakramana dt. 18.10.2014 (Saturday) ( Huthri Festival on dt.07-12-2014. Sunday).
5. Separate list of Holidays will be published by the Commissioner of Public Instructions for the Education Department.
6. In addition to the General Holidays the State Government Employees may utilized any of the restricted holidays not exceeding two days during the year 2014 with prior permission from the authority who is authorized to sanctioned Casual Leave.
By Order and in the Name of
Governor of Karnataka,
Under Secretary to Government
Dept. of Personnel & Administrative Reforms