Grant of another instalment of Dearness Relief to the freedom fighters
Government of India / Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Home Affairs / Grih Mantralaya
Freedom Fighter & Rehabilitation Division
2nd Floor, NDCC-II Building, Jai Singh Road,
New Delhi, the 8th November 2013.
The Chief Controller of Accounts,
Ministry of Home Affairs,
New Delhi-110 001.
Sub:- Grant of another instalment of Dearness Relief to the freedom fighters and their eligible dependants under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension (SSSP) Scheme, 1980, w.e.f. 01.08.2013.
I am directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No. 08/08/97-FF(P) dated 16th / 20th August 1997 wherein it was decided that central samman pension be linked with the price index in an appropriate manner.
2. Subsequently, in consultation with the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure and after taking into consideration the All India Consumer Price Index (AICPI) for Industrial Workers (IW) in June, 1997 as the base, Dearness Relief @7% of the pension or dependent family pension was sanctioned w.e.f. 1st August 1998 vide Ministry of Home Affairs letter No. 08/08/97-FF(P) dated 14th October 1998.
3. With reference to Central Samman Pension, the dearness relief has been revised periodically, in consultation with the Ministry of Finance, as indicated below:-
|(v)||@ 9%||w.e.f. 01.08.2003|
4. It has been decided to grant another instalment of Dearness Relief to various categories of the freedom fighters and their eligible dependents under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension (SSSP) Scheme, 1980, @ 28% with effect from 1st August 2013. The total Dearness Relief payable to various categories of the freedom fighters and their eligible dependents w.e.f. 01.08.2013 would, thus be 193%.
5. Dearness Relief payable with effect from 01.08.2013, in terms of these orders, to various categories of the freedom fighters and their eligible dependent under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension (SSSP) Scheme, would be as under:
|SI. No.||Category||Present rate of basic monthly pension (w.e.f. 02.10.2006)||Dearness Relief @ 193% of the basic monthly pension payable with effect from 01.08.2013|
|1 (a)||Ex-Andaman Political Prisoners||7,330/-||14,147/-|
|(b)||Freedom Fighters who suffered outside BritishIndia (other than INA)||6,830/-||13,182/-|
|2||Other Freedom Fighters||6,330/-||12,217/-|
|3||Widow/widower of above categories of freedom fighters||Entitlement same as of the respective deceased freedom fighter||Entitlement same as
of the respective deceased freedom
|4||Unmarried/unemployed daughters [Subject to a maximum of three such daughters at a time]||1500/- each to all the three daughters||2,895/- each to all the three daughters|
|5||Mother and Father||1,000/- each||1,930/- each|
6. You are therefore, requested to issue necessary instructions to the all concerned to modify the existing Pension Payments Orders(PPO) of the freedom fighter pensioners and their eligible dependents in each case so as to effect commencement of payment of Dearness Relief to the extent indicated above.
7. This issues with the approval of Ministry of Finance given vide their U.O. ID No. 1(7)/EV/2004 dated 31.10.2013 and concurrence of Integrated finance Division of Ministry of Home Affairs given vide their C.F.3204654/AS&FA(H) dated 05.11.2013.
8. Hindi version will follow.
For Original Orders Please Scroll Down