Ticketing Through Non Internet Based Mobile Phones
A pilot project of ticketing through non-internet based mobile phones has been launched by IRCTC on Ist July 2013. The salient features of the scheme are as follows:-
· There is no need of internet at any stage, viz. booking, payment, cancellation etc.
· The user gets ticket details Short Messaging Service (SMS) instantly.
· SMS along with Photo Identity Card in original can be used to travel, no printout of the ticket is required.
The steps taken to popularize the booking of tickets through non-internet based mobile phones through SMS mode are as follows:
· Publication in leading newspapers.
· Distribution of brochures about SMS booking.
· Sending details of the scheme through e-mail to all registered users of IRCTC.
· Display of message on the website of IRCTC.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Category: Indian Railways