Promotion of officers of Grade-I (Under Secretary) of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS) to the Selection Grade (Deputy Secretary) on ad-hoc basis.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
Lok Nayak Bhavan, New Delhi
The 7th August, 2013
Subject:- Promotion of officers of Grade-I (Under Secretary) of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS) to the Selection Grade (Deputy Secretary) on ad-hoc basis.
The President hereby appoints the officers of Grade-I (Under Secretary) of CSS, whose names appear in the annexure to this order, to the Selection Grade (Deputy Secretary) purely on ad-hoc basis, initially for a period till 30.6.2014 or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
2. The aforesaid ad-hoc promotion is subject to the following conditions:-
(i) The ad-hoc promotion is subject to the final outcome of the pending Writ Petition No. 4097/2011 (Arun Gaur Vs Garima Singh & Ors), W.P. No. 4616/2011 (V.S.Pandey & Ors Vs. Garima Singh & Ors), W.P. No. 7619/2011 (UPSC Vs Garima Singh & Ors), W.P. No.2176/2012 (Union of India Vs. Garima Singh & Ors) and other connected Writ Petitions Nos. W.P.(C) 2523/2012 (Union of India Vs. Anant Kishore Saran), W.P. (C) 2524/2012 (Union of India Vs. Shersha and Anr) , W.P. (C) 2525/2012 (Union of India Vs. Syed Eram Rizvi and Anr), W.P. (C), W.P. (C) 2526/2012 (Union of India Vs. Sandeep Kumar Gupta), W.P.(C) 2527/2012 (Union of India Vs. Soumya Chattopadhyay and Anr) in the High Court of Delhi and the SLP(C) No. 9653/2012 (Syed Ekram Rizvi and Ors Vs. Union of India & Ors) in the Supreme Court and also any other order by any competent court -in any of the connected matters, apart from the above.
(ii) The ad-hoc promotion is further subject to vigilance clearance in terms of this Department’s O.M. No. 22011/4/91-Estt (A) dated 14.9.92 and O.M. No. 22012/1/99-Estt (D) dated 25.10.2004 and the Ministry /Department where the officer is working should relieve him/her only after verifying that no disciplinary proceedings are pending or contemplated against the officer. In case of pendency of such proceedings, the matter may be reported to this Department immediately.
(iii) The promotion on ad hoc basis is effective from the date of assumption of charge by the officer of the post of Deputy Secretary in the Ministry / Departmen t to which he/she been posted.
Cont … 2/ –
(iv)The ad-hoc promotion to the Selection grade (Deputy Secretary) of CSS shall not bestow on the incumbents any claim for regular promotion to the grade.
(v) The service rendered on ad-hoc basis in the grade would not count for the purpose of seniority in that grade or for promotion to the next higher grade.
(vi) The ad hoc promotion [‘shall not confer any right on the incumbents to continue in the grade indefinitely and may be terminated at any point of time without giving any reasons thereof.
3. The Ministries/Departments shall relieve the officers immediately to enable them to take up their assignment as Deputy Secretary in the Ministry /Department allocated. No request for retention of the officers in the same Ministry/Department would be entertained.
4. If any officer fails to join within one month of the date of issuance of this order without prior approval of this Department, the orders of ad-hoc promotion in respect of such officers shall stand cancelled automatically.
5. All the Ministries/Department concerned are requested to update the relieving/joining on account of this ad-hoc promotion immediately in the web based system at the following places:- http://10.21.145.125! > Transfer> Reliving details/Joining details ( as the case may be).
6. A copy of the notification implementing the order may be endorsed to this Department.