F. No.4/3/2013 — IR
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: May 31 st , 2013
Subject: Appointment of Information Commissioners in the Central Information Commission.
The Government of India has constituted a body under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (the Act) known as the Central Information Commission to exercise the powers conferred on and to perform the functions assigned to it under the Act. It is located in New Delhi. The Commission shall have the Chief Information Commissioner and upto ten Information Commissioners. The present composition of the Central Information Commission can be seen at www.cic.crov.in. The powers and functions of an Information Commissioner in the Central Information Commission are
as per chapter V of the Act.
2. It is proposed to appoint more Information Commissioners in the Commission. The Act provides that the Information Commissioners shall be persons of eminence in public life with wide knowledge and experience in law, science and technology, social service, management, journalism, mass-media or administration and governance.
3. Further, the Information Commissioner shall not be a Member of Parliament or Member of the Legislature of any State or Union Territory, as the case may be, or hold any other office of profit or connected with any political party or carrying on any business or pursuing any profession. It is clarified that cessation/termination of holding of office of profit, pursuing any profession or carrying any business is a condition precedent to the appointment of a person as Information Commissioner.
4. An Information Commissioner shall hold office for a term of five years from the date on which he enters upon his office or till he attains the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier. The salary and allowances payable to an Information Commissioner shall be the same as that of an Election Commissioner, subject to adjustment of the pensionary/retirement benefits availed by him, if any, in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
5. Persons fulfilling the criteria for appointment as Information Commissioner and interested for appointment to the post may send their particulars in the enclosed proforma by post to Under Secretary (RTI), Department of Personnel and Training, North Block, New Delhi or through e-mail to email@example.com by June 28th , 2013. Persons who are serving under the State/Central Government or any other Organization, may send their particulars through proper channel.
6. It may be noted that these appointments would be subject to the outcome of Review Petition (C) no. 2309 of 2012 pending before the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
For Original Orders Please Scroll Down
Download Link Here