A Group Training Course in ‘Maternal and Child Health (A)’ to be held in Japan from April, 2013 to December, 2013 (Core Phase to be held in Japan from 7thMay to 22nd June, 2013).
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Block-4, Old JNU Campus
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-67
Dated 14th February, 2013
Subject: A Group Training Course in ‘Maternal and Child Health (A)’ to be held in Japan from April, 2013 to December, 2013 (Core Phase to be held in Japan from 7thMay to 22nd June, 2013).
The undersigned is directed to state that the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) under the Technical Cooperation of the Government of Japan has invited applications for the above programme to be held from April, 2013 to December, 2013 (Core Phase to be held in Japan from ih May to 22nd June, 2013).
2. The programme aims that participants will propose an appropriate plan to develop human resources such as nurses and midwives engaged in maternal and child health care in local communities. This programme is offered to Department of maternal and Child health in university or hospital.
3. This programme is designed mainly for a head nurse or equivalent in charge of nurse or midwife training in hospital or be a professor/lecturer or equivalent in charge of nurse or midwife training in university or equivalent; should have more than 5 years experience in the field of maternal and child health as a nurse or midwife; be a certified nurse or midwife; should be between the age of twenty five (25) and forty-five (45) years, not be serving in military; have competent command of spoken and written English which is equal to TaFEL; be in good health, both physically and mentally, to participate in the program in Japan. Medical doctors can’t be accepted for the programme.
4. In addition to the above, the following information in respect of the nominated officers may please be furnished while forwarding the nomination:
a) . Whether attended any foreign training programme in the past? If so, the duration/detail thereof;
b) Whether clear from vigilance angle?
d) Whether working in North East State/J&K;
e) A brief in 50-100 words justifying the nomination.
5. The course covers the cost of a round- trip air ticket between an international airport designated by JICA; travel insurance from the time of arrival in Japan to departure from Japan; allowances for (accommodation, living expenses, outfit and shipping); expenses for JICA study tours and free medical care for participants who may fall ill after reaching Japan (costs relating to pre-existing illness, pregnancy, or dental treatment are not included). The participants are not allowed to take any family member during the training course.
6. It is requested that the nomination of the suitable candidates may please be forwarded to this Department in accordance with the eligibility criteria.
7. The nomination details should be submitted (in duplicate) in the JICA’s prescribed proformas duly authenticated by the Department concerned along with the Job Report.
8. The applications should reach this Department through the Administrative Ministry/State Government not later than s” March, 2013. Nominations received after the prescribed date will not be considered. The details of the programme and the application form may be drawn from Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions website (persmin.nic.in), which is available in “What is New” under the Department of Personnel and Training.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
For Original copy and Download Link. Please scroll down