Promotion of Section Officers of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) to Grade I (Under Secretary) of CSS on ad-hoc basis.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Personnel &Training
2nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated the 30th October, 2012
Subject: Promotion of Section Officers of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) to Grade I (Under Secretary) of CSS on ad-hoc basis.
Sanction of the President is hereby accorded to the appointment of 257 Section Officers of Central Secretariat Service to Grade I(UnderSecretary) of the CSS on ‘ad hoc’ basis. The promotion is purely on ‘ad-hoc’ basis for a period upto 31.05.2013 or till the posts are filled up on regular basis, or until further orders whichever is earlier. The allocation of officers on their promotion against existing vacancies, is as shown against their names in the Annexure. The ‘ad-hoc’ promotion is subject to the following conditions:
(i) The ad-hoc promotion shall not confer any right to continue in the grade indefinitely or for inclusion in the Select List for regular appointment or to claim seniority in the Grade Iof the CSS.
(ii) Ad-hoc appointments may be terminated at any point oftime without giving any reason thereof.
(iii) The appointment on ad-hoc basis will take effect from the date of assuming the charge of the post of Under Secretary in the Ministry/Department to which the officer has been allocated.
(iv) The service rendered on ad hoc basis in the Under Secretary grade would not count for the purpose ofseniority in that grade or for promotion to the next higher grade.
(v) The appointment is subject to vigilance clearance in terms of this OM No.22011/4/91-Estt.(A) dated 14.09.1992; and OM No. 22012/1 /99-Estt(D) dated 25.10.2004 and the
Ministry/Department where the officer is working should relieve him/her only after verifying that no disciplinary proceedings are pending or contemplated against the officer.
(vi) The Officers, who have not undergone mandatory Level ‘D’ Training as enjoined in Cadre Training Plan for the CSS, will have to undergo the aforesaid training as per nominations made by this Department.
(vii) No request for retention of the Officers in the same Ministry/Department on promotion from Section Officer to Under Secretary would be entertained.
(viii) The ‘ad hoc’ promotion of officers in the Annexure shall be subject to the final outcome in the OA No. 1083/2007 pending before the CAT, New Delhi and also any other order by any competent court in any of the connected matters apart from the OA No.1083/2007.
2. The officers who have been allocated to other Ministries/Departments should be relieved of their duties immediately to enable them to take up theirassignment as Under Secretary (ad-hoc) in the Ministry/Department allocated.
3. Formal notification appointing the officers will be issued by the Ministry/Department after the officer(s) have assumed charge of Under Secretary. A copy of the notification issued should be endorsed to this Department.
4. The willingness of the Officers on deputation as to whether they are willing to revert back to the CSS cadre with a view to avail the promotion will be obtained by the Ministry/Department from where the Officer(s) have proceeded on deputation.
5. If any Officer fails to join within one month of this order, the orders of ad hoc promotion in respect of such officers shall stand cancelled automatically.
6. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
For Original Orders CLICK HERE